The percentage of suppliers willing to conduct online auctions is higher than during the first round of restrictions in April. Domain’s senior research analyst Nicola Powell said that 272 auctions are planned in Melbourne this Saturday, although fewer than last week, sellers will be more prepared for online auctions in the coming weeks.

Last week, Melbourne’s clearance rate reached 47%, and 44% of the originally planned auctions were withdrawn. In online auctions, 68% of the auctions were finalized. Melbourne also set a record for the highest number of online auctions two weeks ago and also the record for the highest online success rate. Dr. Powell said that in August, more sellers are expected to arrange for their properties to be sold online.

Experts believe that given the current situation, this number is still quite strong and online auctions will continue to exist. This is a means to reach a wider audience.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/melburnians-grow-accustomed-to-online-auctions-during-second-lockdown-973746/